Who Put an End to the Quarrelling? (II)

Eastern Lightning

Later, I saw God’s words saying: “One after another, all these trends carry an evil influence that continually degenerates man, that lowers their morals and their quality of character more and more, to the extent that we can even say the majority of people now have no integrity, no humanity, neither do they have any conscience, much less any reason. … 
The majority of people, however, in the midst of their unawareness, will still be continually infected, assimilated and attracted by this kind of trend, until they all unknowingly and involuntarily accept it, and are all submerged in and controlled by it. For man who is not of sound body and mind, who never knows what is truth, who cannot tell the difference between positive and negative things, these kinds of trends one after another make them all willingly accept these trends, the life view, the life philosophies and values that come from Satan. They accept what Satan tells them on how to approach life and the way to live that Satan ‘bestows’ on them. They have not the strength, neither do they have the ability, much less the awareness to resist” (“God Himself, the Unique VI”).

After reading God’s words, I suddenly became aware: My husband is addicted to playing mahjong, for he is unconsciously affected and influenced by the evil trend of Satan, and then goes to play uncontrollably. Now what is popular in this society? As a man, you should be able to smoke, drink and play mahjong. Otherwise, you are not a man and your life is not meaningful. Satan uses various kinds of evil social trends to corrode our thoughts and spirits in order to make us follow our fleshly desires and abandon ourselves to vice. Since we were corrupted by Satan, we have lost the ability to discern the positive and the negative. And we have no exact standard of distinguishing between justice and wickedness, good and evil, beauty and ugliness. Besides, we can’t see through the sinister motives of Satan corrupting us, so we are naturally tricked by Satan and sink low. Satan makes us indulge in playing mahjong to destroy our resolutions little by little, and deceive and control us in order that we have no time to worship God and are ever more distant from God. Finally we will stray away from God, betray God and become a man belonging to Satan that we will be eliminated and destroyed by God. Thank God for His guidance and enlightenment, I have seen through the tricks of Satan and the sinister motives of it corrupting man. Both my husband and I are victims as well. I can’t quarrel with him by my arrogant nature any more. At this moment, I bore him no grudge in my heart, and determined not to control him by my arrogant nature. He is also in God’s hand. I should rely on God and experience God’s words with him to resolve our corrupt satanic dispositions and overcome Satan’s cruelty and tests. Then I prayed to God to help my husband see through Satan’s scheme, break away from the evil trends as soon as possible, and get rid of Satan’s talons.

One night, I woke up and find that my husband didn’t still come back because of his playing mahjong. I wanted to rage against him again: You give free rein to your temper and don’t return as yet. Where is my place in your heart? … Thinking of this, I suddenly realized that my condition was incorrect. I wanted to teach him by my arrogant nature once again. At that moment, I remembered God’s words that I saw before: “In every step of work that God does within people, externally it appears to be interactions between people, as if born of human arrangements, or from human interference. But behind the scenes, every step of work, and everything that happens, is a wager made by Satan before God, and requires people to stand firm in their testimony to God. … Thus, in everything there is a battle, and when there is a battle within you, thanks to your actual cooperation and actual suffering God works within you. Ultimately, inside you are able to put the matter aside and the anger is naturally extinguished. Such is the effect of your cooperation with God” (“Only Loving God Is Truly Believing in God”). I nearly and fell for Satan’s tricks. From its surface appearance, my husband came back late, but in fact, it was a bet between Satan and God. God was seeing whether I would practice the truth to satisfy Him or whether I would live by Satan’s corrupt dispositions. It was just time for me to stand witness for God. So I should actually cooperate with God and shouldn’t let Satan’s scheme succeed. Having a knowledge of God’s will, I prayed to God silently to lead me to break through the shackles of Satan’s dark influence, living within God’s words. After the prayer, I was not angry gradually.

Then, my husband came back. I did not blow him up, but spoke calmly with him. He said in surprise: “I thought you would take it out on me as usual. I never thought that you had transformed. Alas, you don’t know, in fact, when playing mahjong, I didn’t feel peaceful within but felt the condemnation placed on my conscience. I know God hates this, but I always can’t control myself.” Hearing his words, I saw again Satan’s hatefulness, and said to him: “I’m dominated by my arrogant satanic nature, and always blow you up. Through reading God’s words and praying to God, I have understood that you are also influenced by the society trends and harmed by Satan. I’m not angry with you. God’s words are the truth and a sole powerful weapon with which we can overcome Satan. As long as we rely on God more, read more of God’s words and practice God’s words, God will help us escape from the bondage of Satan. God is almighty and wise. Nothing is difficult for Him. Let’s pray to God.” He nodded firmly.

Later, we prayed, read God’s words and communicated God’s will together whenever we had time. Through such real cooperation, my husband didn’t go to play mahjong little by little.

One afternoon, as soon as he entered the door after work, I heard his phone ring. One of his friends invited him over for dinner and then played mahjong. Hearing this, my heart lifting again, I was worried that my husband could not make it through the temptation and went to play mahjong. So I prayed to God silently in my heart: “O God. Whether my husband goes out to play mahjong is in Your control. I’m willing to commit him to You. May You protect his heart so that he won’t fall into Satan’s scheme.” Meanwhile, I saw my husband hesitated for a moment with his phone in his hand and then replied: “Bro, tonight I have work to do. I’m afraid I can’t go. Enjoy yourselves tonight!” When hearing what he said, my heart was finally released. My husband and I smiled. From then on, he didn’t go out to play mahjong anymore. Gradually, his mahjong friends no longer asked him to play. Thence, our family were immersed in the happiness we had never had. As my son gradually got older, he also accepted God’s gospel of the last days. Our family often fellowship about God’s words together. No matter what problems we face in life, we all resolve them relying on God’s words. With the guidance of God’s words in our life, our family is full of harmony and happiness.

One day, my son was chatting with me. He said: “Mom, let me imagine: What would happen in our family if we all didn’t believe in God? You would often quarrel with my dad, and I, like other children, would play games on the Internet, not hearing your words. Isn’t that right?” Hearing his words, I said with a smile: “Yes, in the past, I always wanted to change your father’s hobby by my own power. There was little change even though I cudgeled my brains. But instead, I made myself exhausted and tired. I was too arrogant. After we believed in God and lived according to God’s words, I didn’t feel bitter and your father no more played mahjong. I really saw that only God’s words has authority and power. God’s words not only changed me, but also changed your father. It was God that saved our family and made it full of happiness. Thank Almighty God!”

The End.




By Nana, China

Comments