A Good Way to Face Adversity


I have ever heard such a short story: There was a young man and a middle-aged man chatting away on the airplane. The young man was very worried. Because his girlfriend had phoned to say that she had something important to tell him and wanted to see him immediately, which made him think that his girlfriend wanted to break up with him. 

The middle-aged man persuaded him not to bother about it but to take it easy. He also told that he would litigate, and didn’t know whether he would win the lawsuit. But regardless of the results, he would play it by ear … At last, it turned out that the young man’s girlfriend just wanted to see him as soon as possible, and the middle-aged man won the lawsuit peacefully.

This story makes me understand that, when we do not know how to deal with problems and difficulties we encounter, we shouldn’t surmise ahead of time and shouldn’t draw a conclusion blindly; otherwise we will live in sorrow and trouble. Instead, it’s wise for us to face up to difficulties optimistically with the attitude of seeking and waiting. This story also reminded me of my experience. In difficulties, when I relied on God and faced up to them with the attitude of seeking and obeying, I practically saw God’s orchestration and arrangement, and also realized that no matter what troubles we are in, as long as we come in front of God and seek, wait for and obey His sovereignty wholeheartedly, then God will arrange everything for us properly and He is by our side at all times.

My story is thus: In July of 2015, I went to an unfamiliar place to deal with something. When I finished it, it was already over 9 p.m.. So I prepared to go home by bus. Not a moment too soon, there came a bus. As it was late, I got in it hastily. I would have thought I would be back to home after one more hour. However, an hour later, listening to the announcements of the stops on the bus, I figured something had gone wrong. All of a sudden, a thought came to my mind: Oh, no. I am on the wrong bus. When I asked the driver, it turned out that I was going in the wrong direction. But it was already over 20 kilometers away from my home. I hurriedly got off the bus. At that moment, I didn’t know where to go in that unfamiliar environment. It was already over 10 p.m., and there was nearly no bus at that time. What should I do? In anxiety, I thought of God, and then I prayed to God, “Oh God! I’ve gone the wrong way and now I don’t know where I am and what to do. I believe that all things are controlled in Your hands. Within this matter, there is Your good intention. May You guide me to return home …” At that moment, I dared not leave God for a single moment. Thank God for His guidance. When I asked a young man beside me where the nearby station was, he comforted me and helped me to phone the bus company and asked which bus I should take so as to get to my home. After he made it clear, he took me to the bus station and didn’t leave until I got on the bus.

The story hasn’t finished yet. When I got off the bus at the final stop, it was already more than 11 p.m.. At that time, there was still some distance to my home. And there was almost nobody on the road. I prayed silently to God in my heart and begged God to lead me. I noticed a young man a short distance away, and therefore I inquired of him about the buses to my home. He told me that there was no bus at that time for it was already over 11 o’clock and he suggested I take a taxi. I said, “I have no money.” He passed me twenty yuan immediately, but I didn’t accept it and intended to walk to home. Unexpectedly, before I had gone a few steps, a taxi stopped before me. It was that young man. He said, “Get in please! It happens that we go the same way.” In this way, he took me to the destination and then left. Seeing this scene, I couldn’t calm down for a long time. At that moment, I deeply knew it was God’s sovereignty and arrangements. And it was God who heard my prayer and maneuvered that man to lead me to get back to my home. I thanked God from my heart: Oh God! Thank You. I know it is You who heard my prayer. The people, matters and things I encountered today are all Your sovereignty and arrangements. Your love for me is too great!

Later on, I read God’s word, “Until, one day, you will feel that the Creator is no longer a riddle, that the Creator has never been hidden from you, that the Creator has never concealed His face from you, that the Creator is not at all far from you, that the Creator is no longer the One that you constantly long for in your thoughts but that you cannot reach with your feelings, that He is really and truly standing guard to your left and right, supplying your life, and controlling your destiny. He is not on the remote horizon, nor has He secreted Himself high up in the clouds. He is right by your side, presiding over your all, He is everything that you have, and He is the only thing you have” (“Knowing God Is the Path to Fearing God and Shunning Evil”).

I thought back on the path I’ve walked, each is subject to God’s sovereignty and is arranged by God. Even though sometimes I don’t understand what God does, yet I know it is God who rules over and arranges all things. Just like the matter I experienced this time was no great thing, but it was out of my expectation. Through it, I have seen God’s wisdom of ruling over and orchestrating all things, and felt that each of the matters happening in the life can’t be controlled by ourselves. Whether it is a good thing or not, we must come before God. Don’t borrow trouble or find a way out ourselves. We must submit our all to God, letting Him lead and guide us, and thus we can see God’s authority and power to rule over all things in our experiences.

My friends, if you meet with unsatisfying things, please come before God. Don’t fret. Don’t worry. Just wait for God to arrange for us. God is by our side. Almighty God is our truest reliance and help at any time and any place.

Recommended:

Eastern Lightning|Almighty God's Word “Knowing God Is the Path to Fearing God and Shunning Evil”|The Church of Almighty God

Comments